2. "Edit Product" Dialog Pages
fmProductEdit - Edit Product Form.
To edit X-Cart product you can double click on it or use "Edit product" button. It calls Edit X-Cart Product form for selected product.
The availability of some of the "Edit X-Cart Product" dialog pages depends on weather you have appropriate contribution installed or not.
Basic Store Manager has following Edit X-Cart Product pages:
1. Main (General)
Main Page contains general information of the X-Cart product. If you are creating a new Product, pay attention on fields marked with *. They are Required. Others may be left blank or with default meanings.
Main X-Cart Product data:
- Name - write it the way you want them to appear on the store.
- Product ID is a unique product identification that cannot be edited.
- SKU number - Stock-Keeping Unit, number of the X-Cart product, according to your accounting.
- You have to choose your Provider.
- Date available - date to start publishing current X-Cart product at your store. Default setting is the date when the product was added.
- Categories - One X-Cart product may be assigned to multiple categories. To assign X-Cart product to some category click , and select a category from drop-down. To remove selected category from list click .
- Availability (In stock) - choose if product is available for sale or not.
- Choose manufacturer in similar field.
- Description- X-Cart Product description exactly the way it's going to appear on product's page.
Edit HTML - shows HTML editor of X-Cart product description in a new window. It has 2 tabs: HTML and Code, as well as Properties Toolbar.
Source view is useful for working directly with "raw" HTML text, which gives you precise control over the tags used in the page. However, by default, you can still work with objects visually.
Design view in the HTML editor enables you to:
- View and edit a page in a WYSIWYG-like environment.
- Work with HTML controls using the visual representation they will have in the browser.
- Use menu and toolbar commands to apply certain types of formatting, such as paragraph alignment, that are not available in Source view.
- Use menu and toolbar commands to add and edit certain elements, such as tables and lists, that you must edit as HTML text in Source view.
- Drag items from the Toolbox and from the Project Explorer to create elements on your page.
- Use drag to reposition absolutely positioned elements.
In Code view, the Properties window does not display style properties. You can edit style properties directly in an HTML tag or by using the Properties window in Design view.
Code view in the HTML editor enables you to:
- View and edit text and HTML tags,
- View and edit scripts in the page.
Press Ok Button to save your changes and move to managing next edit X-Cart product pages.
2. Pricing Tab
List Price is an average price on the market. This option allows you to show customers regular price of the X-Cart product, your current price and the discount (see picture below).
You can manage prices for customers who purchase X-Cart products in bulk. For example, if the customer buys more than 10 units of product, he/she will pay $7,9 per one instead of $8. You can add or delete quantities and manage their prices with appropriate buttons.
3. Additional Tab
Quantity, Limits, Height, Width, Depth, Weight, Stats, etc. are standard X -Cart product properties. Drop-downs allow to select or calculate their values.
Most of those fields may be left blank or with default meanings. Also you can make Discounts available, check X-Cart product types or enter short Distribution of the X-Cart product.
Full Description is Required field. It will be displayed on the X-Cart product's page. Here you can write all information about yourX-Cart product.
4. Images Tab
Image field - contain product's main image. There are three buttons to edit image. This one is used to browse contents of your local folders and select an image. When you press OK button on X-Cart product edit form it will be uploaded to "Images directory" on FTP. When local image selected, this field will display local image path like C:\My Images\some_image.jpg. But local image path will be replaced with image name some_image.jpg right after upload.
This button is used to select some image stored remotely. It's done by browsing contents of FTP folder specified as "Images directory".
And last button is used to delete selected image.
5. SEO Tab
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" search results for targeted keywords.
SEO page allows you to enter your X-Cart product's Keywords.
6. Extra Fields Tab
This page itself and its content depend on additional contributions installed on your store. If there's a contribution that has any connection to X-Cart product-related database fields, it will be shown on this page.
7. Related products.
This section allows to manage related X-Cart products in your store.
8. Featured X-Cart products.
This section allows to manage add featured X-Cart products within your store.
9. Language Page(s)
Language page(s) appear if you're using some language(s) other than your store's Language. That way you're able to input all text that is going to appear on the page using Edit X-Cart product window.
This page's options are actually an extract from other pages' options, such as X-Cart Product name, X-Cart Product Description, Full Description and Keywords.
Please note that General page settings will appear in your store language (In our Example it's English) which you set in Tools -> Store language.
10. Taxes Tab
In the tax tab, if additional tax payments are set, they are displayed here. If necessary, to free product from taxes, it should be checked the appropriate field of the 'Tax' tab's window.