5. Export Customers
Export Customers wizard will help you to export customers from X-Cart to comma-separated values file (.csv) which can be easily opened in MS Excel or other application for detailed analysis.
To start Import/Export you need to click on "Import/Export Customers" button which starts the Import/Export Categories Wizard.
- Select "Export" and click "Next >" button to continue.
- Store Manager can export customers from X-Cart to .csv file. You should enter the file name or select one to be replaced.
- Fields Delimiter page has some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- First option is delimiter character. Most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ) however other symbols can be used as well. Export file is usually generated for further import.
- Quote string values are used to separate strings in CSV file.
- Also you can enable option that will convert date from Unix to DateTime format. In this case system format settings will be used.
- Select fields you want to be exported.
- All available fields that can be exported are listed in left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click ">" button to move them to right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press ">>".
- The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
- Preview Export. All customers listed in this Preview will be exported to .csv file. You can use native grid filters and sorting to to rearrange records. Filters and sorting will affect the result file.
- Attention! When you press "Export" Button, X-Cart customers export process will start! This process will take some time.
- On the last page of Export Wizard you can preview the result.
- If you don't want to perform any action after saving export data, use "Just close this window" option and Wizard will be automatically closed when you press Finish button. If you choose to open a directory containing result file, check corresponding option. Open result file option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
- Now X-Cart customers export is finished!